Tuesday 12 August 2014

August 11th

I should mention that at the last two concerts, the audience members have been crowding around Mr A afterward and asking him for autographs and pictures with him. I am told he signs the autographs on behalf of the CYO. What a magnanimous leader (I did have to look up the spelling of that). 

This morning we went to the Dachau concentration camp, the first of its kind and the model for all the others. Personally I found it a very moving and disturbing experience - "gross" was the word that came to mind. I think everyone was similarly affected. 

It rained while we were there and kept on raining throughout the day. We had a few hours free in the afternoon, so we donned slickers, unsheathed umbrellas and carried on bravely. There are a lot of beautiful churches in downtown Munich. We also got to see the theatre where Mozart's Idomeneo (on our concert program) was first performed. 

The final concert of the tour was today, at the Golden Hall in Augsburg. Now there's a nice concert venue. It was our most spectacular performance yet. Congratulations, hugs, kisses and tears all round. 

I could not bring myself to take any pictures at Dachau but here are the ones I did take. I am hoping to get a lot of pictures from everyone else which I will continue to post after the tour. 









2 comments:

  1. I received amazing reviews from my friends and family! I am so proud of you all and how your represented Calgary and Canada in my home country! Congratulations on a successful tour and thank you again for this blog! Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing this blog, Antisocial Violinist. ; ) We've enjoyed accompanying the orchestra on this virtual tour and look forward to seeing you all back in Calgary.
    Annie Voss-Altman, Emilie's mom

    ReplyDelete